Judge Dismisses Choreographer’s Sex Abuse Lawsuit Against Michael Jackson
On Tuesday (Dec. 19), one of the last major sex abuse claims against the late Michael Jackson was laid to rest after a judge dismissed the lawsuit.
Judge Mitchell L. Beckloff ruled against choreographer Wade Robson who claimed Jackson molested him as a child, Page Six reports. The judge found that the two Jackson-owned corporations named in the case were not liable for Robson being exposed to the late singer. The choreographer's attorney, Vince Finaldi, said he strongly disagrees with the decision and plans to appeal.
Robson, who is now 35, met the King of Pop when he was five years old. He previously testified in Jackson's defense during the singer's 2005 criminal trial, saying he had spent nights at Jackson's Neverland Ranch and slept in Jackson's room, but the singer never molested him.
Then, four years after Jackson's death, Robson sued the singer's estate for what his attorneys said was molestation that spanned a seven-year period.
“What the judge is saying is that you if own a corporation or a company, you can hire people, use these people to facilitate your sexual abuse, use them to facilitate victims,” said Robson's lawyer. “So long as you’re the sole owner of that corporation, the corporation can’t be held liable.”