CeeLo Green got himself into a bit of hot water over Labor Day Weekend.

After he pleaded no contest to one felony count of giving ecstasy to a woman at a Los Angeles bar two years ago, the rapper-singer took to Twitter on Sunday (Aug. 31) and voiced some very strong opinions regarding rape, which he then quickly deleted along with the rest of his Twitter account.

The woman at the center of the case claimed that she was having sushi dinner with the Goodie Mob member and then woke up in his bed naked without any recollection of what happened between dinner and that moment. As a result, CeeLo was charged with furnishing her with ecstasy as well as a charge of rape, which his lawyer refuted because the former 'The Voice' judge said that the sex was consensual.

With news of his no contest plea out, CeeLo ranted a bit via Twitter, which you can see below. "If someone is passed out they're not even WITH you consciously! so WITH Implies consent," he wrote, among other statements that offended more than a few people.

Billboard reports that he eventually issued an apology on the social media network yesterday (Sept. 1) as a result of what he says are his comments being "taken so far out of context."

“Let me 1st praise god for exoneration fairness & freedom! Secondly I sincerely apologize for my comments being taken so far out of context… I only intended on a healthy exchange to help heal those who love me from the pain I had already caused from this. Please forgive me as it was your support that got me thru this to begin with. I’d never condone the harm of any women. Thank you," CeeLo wrote in a tweet, which has since been deleted.

His official Twitter account was deleted but not before a fair amount of people grabbed screenshots of the messages to share around the internet. CeeLo's account is currently back up and running.