DMX Spends Hours in Hospital Due to Food Poisoning
DMX literally spilled his guts Wednesday night (Jan. 25), after the 41-year-old rapper was struck with food poisoning as a result of eating spoiled food.
The 'It's Dark and Hell Is Hot' creator sat down for dinner in Miami, during a visit to the home of his child's mother. X ate some shrimp that was apparently bad, but didn't feel the side effects until he boarded a plane home. The flight was a hellish one in which the rhymer was vomiting excessively in the plane's lavatory, according to TMZ.
The entertainer landed in Charlotte, N.C., and immediately headed to Gastonia Memorial Hospital just outside of the city. DMX arrived by limo and spent the next four hours in the emergency room. He was subsequently released.
On the music front, the 'Damien' MC has been performing across the country at various venues. Earlier month, during a show in Long Beach, Calif., a man attempted to attack X as he commanded the audience, rhyming through his hit 'One More Road to Cross.' In the coming months, he plans to reunite with his famed rap crew The Ruff Ryders. DMX reveals that Swizz Beatz, Drag-On and Murda Mook are all planning to take part and an upcoming tour will follow.
Watch DMX's 'Slippin'' Video