On Tuesday, August 11, troubled New Orleans rapper Corey "C-Murder" Miller was convicted of second-degree murder for the 2002 shooting of 16-year-old fan Steve Thomas.

After two days of deliberation, the jury reached a 10-2 guilty verdict at around 1:30 PM, but they were told to return to the jury room and continue deliberation because one of the jurors had allegedly changed her vote to speed things up. 10 votes were needed to for a conviction in this case.

The jury had trouble finding a consensus, and several jurors were seen crying in the courtroom in the morning. "I don't think I pressured them at all,"Said Judge Hans Liljedberg. "I told them if they could not reach a verdict to let me know."

Due to the invalid initial verdict, Miller's lawyer moved for a mistrial, which was denied. Three hours later, they finally reached their verdict, the vote remained 10-2, and Miller was convicted of murder in the second degree.

The victim's family were moved to tears by the result. "I'm not rejoicing. I feel bad for (Miller's) family," said George Thomas, father of the victim. "But at least they can see him. What have we got but a gravesite and a photograph." Miller's family were also moved to tears. His sister, Germaine Miller, accused the court of corruption. "I lost a brother also and now they want me to lose another brother, an innocent black man," she said. "Come on, where are all the witnesses at the club? Come out here, be a witness!"

"This isn't over," added Miller's aunt, Marie Miller. "This verdict is wrong. We will not let this rest."

This was the second time Miller has been found guilty of the killing, but his first conviction was overturned when it was brought to light that the prosecution had expunged criminal records of key witnesses to make them appear more credible.

"Seven years, it's finally over. Thank God," said George Thomas.

Miller was already incarcerated for an unconnected 2001 murder. His sentencing hearing will occur on Friday morning. He faces life in prison.