The Boombox Is Looking for New Writers
TheBoombox.com is looking for new writers to join the team. If you’re a reader of the site already, you know that we cover all things hip-hop and R&B.
We also think outside of the box, so if your favorite rapper or singer may dabble in another genre, you'll find out about it right here. Music is our beat but if Waka Flocka Flame sounds off on a controversial issue or Rihanna launches a new sneaker line, we're here to inform. This is hip-hop and R&B on blast.
From new songs and videos to interviews with the artists in your playlist, we offer a wide-range of coverage to satisfy you -- the fans. Plus, we've got the sneaker heads satisfied with the latest releases and the critics will have something to give their opinion on with our longform reads on the conversations happening within the culture.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, send a resume and links to at least three published writing clips to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we’re interested, we will get in touch. The writer position is a freelance opportunity.
Writer for TheBoombox.com
- Pitches and writes timely news stories -- morning availability is a plus
- Stays on top of artists/lifestyle brands social media pages like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vine and Snapchat
- Understands the old school and new school of hip-hop and R&B
- Creates photo galleries
- Recognizes hot topics and conversations within the culture to create longform reads
- Available and willing to write during award shows outside of normal work hours
- Must have a passion for hip-hop and R&B music and have knowledge about the artists (both new and old) in respective genres
- Must be a strong writer who produces clean copy
- Must have published writing samples related to hip-hop and R&B music/culture/entertainment
- Must be detail-oriented and communicate effectively
- Prior experience with WordPress, Photoshop, SEO and social media highly preferred
- Must send a resume