The Boombox Is Looking for New Writers
TheBoombox.com is looking for new writers to join the team. If you’re a reader of the site already, you know that The Boombox covers hip-hop, R&B and we're expanding to cover more aspects of urban lifestyle. From new songs and videos to interviews with your favorite rappers and singers to news about sneakers, streetwear, technology and art, we offer a wide-range of coverage to satisfy fans.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, send a resume and links to at least three published writing clips to email@example.com. If we're interested, we will get in touch. The writer position is a freelance opportunity.
Writer for TheBoombox.com
- Pitches and writes timely stories
- Stays on top of artists/lifestyle brands social media pages like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Creates photo galleries
- Available and willing to write during award shows outside of normal work hours
- Must have a passion for hip-hop and R&B music and have knowledge about the artists (both new and old) in respective genres
- Must be knowledgeable about fashion, sneakers, art and/or technology
- Must be a strong writer who produces clean copy
- Must have published writing samples related to hip-hop and R&B music/culture/entertainment as well as street art, fashion and technology
- Must be detail-oriented and communicate effectively
- Prior experience with WordPress, Photoshop, SEO and social media highly preferred