An online petition is calling for Starz to cut ties with rapper 50 Cent, who produces the channel's "Power" series after the rap mogul mocked actor Terry Crews' sexual assault testimony in front of Congress on Wednesday.

Amid the #MeToo and #TimesUp movements, Crews has talked openly about his own experience with sexual harassment in Hollywood. In 2017, the husband and father of five alleged that WME agent Adam Venit groped his genitals at a red carpet event.

“The assault lasted only minutes, but what he was effectively telling me while he held my genitals in his hand was that he held the power, that he was in control" Crews said on Wednesday. "This is how toxic masculinity permeates culture. As I shared my story, I was told over and over that this was not abuse, that this was just a joke, that this was just horseplay. But I can say that one man's horseplay is another man's humiliation."

The Care2 petition—which has already garnered 8,610 supporters out of its 10,000 goal—was created after 50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson III, shared a meme of Crews topless with a caption that read: "I got raped, my wife just watched." He went on to add his own caption as well, writing "LOL, What the f--- is going on out here man? Terry: I froze in fear, they would have had to take me to jail. get the strap." The post has since deleted, but the Get Rich Or Die Tryin' rapper is still catching heat for his insensitive remarks surrounding sex abuse.

The Care2 petition's description reads:

Last year, actor Terry Crews, following the footsteps of several brave women in TV and film, decided to tell his story of abuse and harassment ... While most people hailed Terry Crews as brave for speaking up, rap mogul 50 Cent decided to mock him ... 50 Cent's posts insinuated that Crews was somehow less of a man for being a victim of sexual harassment ... The rapper stars and produces in Starz's most watched show "Power" and last year the cable network announced that he had signed on to produce three more shows for the premium channel. Is this the mentality of Hollywood needs right now? Is this the type of producer Starz wants to work with? 50 Cent has sent a message loud and clear that he is not a fan of the #MeToo movement.

After deleting the offensive posts, 50 Cent took to Twitter to upload a photo of himself on taking a nap. "This is me recovering from having my sense of humor removed this morning," he wrote. "People are so sensitive, my doctor said l will be fine in six weeks, but my publicist said if you see any journalist play DEAD. get the strap"

Early this morning (June 29), Crews took the high road, posting a poignant tweet that addressed anyone questioning his sexual assault his claims:

Watch Terry Crews' complete opening statement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtI4eH1U2rY

20 '90s Albums That Are Unapologetically Black