Nelly – ‘Rick James’ Feat. T.I.
In such a fast-paced online environment like the one we
live stare at our screens for 17 hours a day in, new material from someone like Nelly can easily get lost in the shuffle. It doesn’t help that his last offering, ‘Get Like Me,’ was basically a rehash of a hit that’s over a decade old: Snoop Dogg‘s ‘Drop It Like It’s Hot.’ The song featured two of the hottest names in music, Nicki Minaj and Pharrell, can you believe?
Nevertheless, with his seventh studio album, ‘M.O.,’ set for release at the end of the month, Nelly looks to a more healthier-looking relic from ’00s rap, T.I., to build a lil’ more traction. The two Southern stars connect for a funky number named after Rick James that — surprise, surprise — caters to the dance floor with classic funk.
It’s the last thing you’d expect to hear from a Nelly/T.I. collaboration in 2013. But even more surprisingly, it’s actually pretty damn good.
1. Get Like Me (Feat. Nicki Minaj & Pharrell)
2. Give U Dat (Feat. Future)
3. Rick James (Feat. T.I.)
4. Heaven (Feat. Daley)
5. Maryland, Massachusetts
6. 100K (Feat. 2 Chainz)
7. All Around the World (Feat. Trey Songz)
8. IDGAF (Feat. Pharrell & T.I.)
9. U know U Want To
10. My Chick Better (Feat. Fabolous & Wiz Khalifa)
11. Walk Away (Feat. Florida Georgia Line)
12. Headphones (Feat. Nelly Furtado)
13. Ciroc & Simply Lemonade (Feat. Yo Gotti)
14. Hey Porsche
15. Shake Whatever
16. Mo’s Focused