Mariah Carey Extinguishes Electrical Fire in Egypt
Mariah Carey was on hand for a private concert at Egypt's Pyramids Panorama on Monday, May 17, but the songbird was forced to deal with a quick electrical snafu before taking the stage.
Just a few minutes before she was scheduled to perform, an electrical fire sparked backstage, but instead of calling for help, Mimi decided to take matters into her own hands. Carey quickly extinguished the fire, before tweeting to fans about the incident. "In Egypt getting ready to go on stage and suddenly there was a surge of power and an electrical fire started under my feet! Wtf?!," Mariah wrote. "Naturally my emergency instincts kicked in and I put out the flames w/a towel. Lol (yet true)."
The fire didn't seem to rattle Carey at all, as she continued to joke with fans about the incident. "The funny thing about this ish is an ol' skool radio station in the other room started playing "aww freak out!" @ that exact moment!" she wrote, before poking fun at her friend for not showing more concern. "Appalled U didn't' tweet to see if I'm ok after the fire incident in Egypt! (Said in my diva theatrical accent)" Carey jested.
After saving the night, Carey went on to perform in front of a crowd of 3,000 people.