Lauryn Hill, Lupe Fiasco & More Featured on New ‘Numbers Don’t Lie’ Mixtape
As the Nov. 2 midterm elections draw near, The League of Young Voters Education Fund, is calling on some big names in music to help promote voting among urban youth by way of the new mixtape called ‘Numbers Don’t Lie: The November 2nd Edition.’ Hosted by DJ Willi Shakes, the all-star mixtape features a total of 15 tracks from the likes of Lupe Fiasco, Yelawolf, J.Cole, Lyfe Jennings, Janelle Monae and more. Lauryn Hill‘s latest track ‘Repercussions’ also makes the tracklist.
With aptly titled songs like ‘Issues,’ ‘Problems,’ and ‘Statistics’ the ‘Numbers Don’t Lie’ mixtape hopes to encourage young adults, to fight for the issues they feel important by voicing their opinion through voting. By heading to the polls, youth can help to make the changes that they want to see in their neighborhoods and states.
Founded under the influence of hip-hop culture, the LYVEF makes civic engagements by meeting with young people in their neighborhoods to work on issues affecting their lives. The organizations also works to provide youth with the tools and training needed to help them become viable players in the civic process. For information on the organization visit TheLeague.com. Download the mixtape here.
‘Numbers Don’t Lie: The November 2nd Edition’ mixtape tracklist:
1. ‘Intro – Numbers Don’t Lie,’ DJ Willie Shakes
2. ‘Statistics,’ Lyfe Jennings
3. ‘BMF Freestyle,’ Lupe Fiasco
4. ‘People Kill People,’ Rock City
5. ‘Good Evening,’ Mac Miller
6. ‘Issues,’ 810
7. ‘Problems,’ J. Cole
8. ‘I Wish,’ Yelawolf ft. Raekwon
9. ‘Cold War,’ Glasses Malone
10. ‘Live It,’ Paul Wall ft. Raekwon, Jay Electronica
11. ‘Influential,’ Safs Crew
12. ‘The Problem Is,’ Murs
13. ‘Black is Beautiful,’ Fowl
14. ‘Repercussions,’ Lauryn Hill
15. ‘Cold War,’ Janelle Monae