Juelz Santana Working on New Music; Says Case ‘Is in God’s Hands’ [VIDEO]
Juelz Santana is optimistic that a fair outcome will happen in his ongoing legal case.
Last week, the Dipset rhymer (through his attorney) pleaded not guilty to one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and another charge of trying to bring a weapon onto an aircraft. The charges stem from the March 9 incident where he attempted to bring a firearm onto a plane. Santana could face 10 years in prison due to the fact that he has a prior felony conviction of a drug crime.
Outside of the courtroom, Santana told reporters (via northjersey.com) that he’s praying that the judge will be lenient with the sentence. “I’m not a bad guy,” he said. “Family man, just praying for the best outcome, you know what I mean?”
“Put it in God’s hands at the end of the day," he added.
Santana, who has three children, would like to have his house arrest restrictions house lifted so he can perform shows and make an income. But for now, the 36-year-old rapper is keeping busy with making music in his home studio. “I’m in the house all day so it’s the best time to do that right now,” said Santana who is reportedly recording tracks with Lil Wayne, Migos and Gucci Mane.
Juelz Santana's legal team had no comment on the matter.
Classic Hip-Hop and R&B Albums Turning 20 in 2018