Elle Varner vs. Nico & Vinz — The Boombox Battle
Elle Varner stays strong at the top spot, winning this week's The Boombox Battle with 67.16 percent of the vote. As a result, the singer leaves her opponent Jeremih with only 32.84 percent of the vote.
The curly-haired songstress ‘Don’t Wanna Dance’ finds her regretting her night out at the club -- she’d rather chill on the couch with her boo.
“Though it’s a lot of a fine boys in here I’m still thinking about you / I should try and pretend to be happy for a minute or two / They are playing Weezy / Is this a party?” she coos.
With a soulful beat perfect for summer, the effort is made for those tired of the party scene. A$AP Ferg is featured on the track as her love interest. He just wants her to come home and watch ‘Martin’ with him.
The song to compete against 'Don't Wanna Dance' is one that has been taking over the radio waves this summer: Nico & Vinz's 'Am I Wrong.' The Norwegian duo -- comprised of Nico Sereba and Vincent Dery -- aim to inspire with the mid-tempo track. Off their upcoming album, 'Black Star Elephant,’ the two sing from the heart and delve into finding one's identity on the dance groove.
"I ain't trying to what everybody else doing / Just cause everybody doing what they all do / If one thing, I know / I'll fall but I'll grow / I'm walking down this road of mine / This road that I call home," Vinz sings.
Will Elle's chilled-out love song win over the fans? Or will Nico & Vinz's encouragement track bring the votes over to their side? Only you can decide. Vote for your favorite artist’s song once per hour until the polls shut down on Tues., Aug. 19, at 10AM ET. So get up on it!
Listen to Elle Varner’s ‘Don’t Wanna Dance’ Feat. A$AP Ferg
Listen to Nico & Vinz's 'Am I Wrong'
Rules of The Boombox Battle
Two artists and their respective songs compete against each other each week. The triumphant artist goes on to compete in the next The Boombox Battle. If an artist wins The Boombox Battle four times consecutively, their song will be honored in The Boombox Battle Hall of Fame.