DMX Hospitalized Following Asthma Attack, Rapper Denies He Overdosed on Drugs
DMX had a medical scare on Monday night (Feb. 8) as he was found unresponsive and not breathing in Yonkers, N.Y., according to reports.
Sources told TMZ that the 45-year-old rapper was having a hard time breathing and was asking for his inhaler. Apparently, he fell into unconsciousness outside of his room at the Ramada Inn in Yonkers.
Police responded to a 911 call about an unconscious male at the Ramada and when they arrive the found DMX on the ground in the parking lot next to a parked car. Cops quickly discovered that he was not breathing on his own and immediately applied CPR. Cops also gave him Narcan, an antidote to narcotic ODs, and rushed him to a nearby hospital.
The former Ruff Ryders rapper is currently listed in stable condition. Although an eyewitness told police that X ingested a powder before he stopped breathing, DMX denies it. According to "Party Up" rapper, he had trouble breathing due to his bronchitis.
Reps for DMX had no comment on the matter. Nevertheless, we are glad that he's okay and is on the road to recovery.