After a week of silence, singer Chris Brown has finally released a statement regarding the domestic abuse allegations against girlfriend Rihanna. Brown, 19, released a statement via his representative stressing his regret.

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired," he said Sunday. "I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother, and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerge a better person."

Brown also put to rest some of the rumors that have been swirling in the media. "Much of what has been speculated or reported on blogs and or reported in the media is wrong."

The performer did not however elaborate on which of the stories were false due to the pending legal matter. Brown also said that postings on his celebrity Facebook page were falsified and that he has not posted anything via the net.

According to police Brown and longtime girlfriend Rihanna were allegedly engaged in a heated argument following record executive Clive David's annual Grammy party. The fight allegedly became physical and Rihanna was left with bruises on her body, contusions on her forehead, and bite marks. Brown, who fled the scene before cops arrived, later turned himself in right before his scheduled Grammy arrival. He was booked under the felony charge of making criminal threats and released on $50,000 bail.

Rihanna also did not appear at the awards show. The two were both up for awards but did not win any trophies.

News of the altercation broke during Grammy red-carpet arrival broadcasts. Since then, both Rihanna and Brown have canceled scheduled public appearances. Rihanna is reportedly back in in Barbados with family. Her father, grandmother, and representatives have all spoken out in the media assuring fans that she is "doing well."

The backlash of this event is proving to be detrimental for Brown's career as he has been dropped from two ad campaigns with gum maker Wrigley's and the celebrity fueled 'Got Milk' advertisement.

Last week a Cleveland radio station stopped playing Brown's music. The station stated that at the request of their listeners they would suspend support of Brown's music until the situation is resolved.

Brown has yet to be charged by the district attorneys office and an investigation is still pending.