Aurora Theater Shootings: Music World Reacts to ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Tragedy
Like the rest of us, musicians from across all genres were shocked and saddened by the tragic theater shooting that occurred in Aurora, Co., earlier today (July 20), AOL Music reports. As soon as news hit that a masked gunman opened fire during a screening of “The Dark Knight Rises,” killing 12 and wounding at least 50, celebrities took to Twitter to express a range of horrified emotions. We’ve begun compiling them below and will update throughout the day.
My heart breaks for the victims, families and community of the Aurora shootings. My thoughts and prayers are with you all…
- Alicia Keys (@aliciakeys) July 20, 2012
My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families in Aurora, Colorado today.
- Matthew Morrison (@Matt_Morrison) July 20, 2012
my thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families in Colorado during this most troublesome time. : such senselessness.
- deadmau5 (@deadmau5) July 20, 2012
my thoughts and prayers r w/ those who lost their lives in the Colorado tragedy and their loved ones que Dios los bendiga
- Pitbull (@Pitbull) July 20, 2012
Why must 1 miserable soul ruin the lives of innocent people!??
- Chris Daughtry (@CHRIS_Daughtry) July 20, 2012
Just got home late last night. Our hearts & prayers go out to the families of the Aurora theater shooting. Heartbreaking. -is
- The Fray (@TheFray) July 20, 2012
Saying a prayer for #Aurora. So sad to hear the news, u r all in my thoughts
- Ashley Tisdale (@ashleytisdale) July 20, 2012
Prayers go out to the families n friends of the victims n the wounded. Horrible tragedy. #aurora
- QTip (@QtipTheAbstract) July 20, 2012
- Waka Flocka Flame (@WakaFlockaBSM) July 20, 2012
In shock reading about what happened at the theater in Aurora, CO… Could have been any of us. My heart is heavy for everyone affected.
- Hayley from Paramore (@yelyahwilliams) July 20, 2012
praying for the people of Aurora, Colorado.
- Russell Simmons (@UncleRUSH) July 20, 2012
Praying for the victims and families of those involved in the shooting in Colorado. My heart is broken. So awful. God Bless…
- Jessica Simpson (@JessicaSimpson) July 20, 2012